Join the Friends of the RWA
Join the Friends of the RWA (FRWA) with an annual membership and enjoy supporting Bristol's own Royal Academy. Please use the drop down at the top of this page to choose whether you would like to purchase your membership as a single person or as a couple, with or without Gift Aid.
Becoming a Friend of the RWA is a great way to enjoy world-class exhibitions in Bristol, and to secure the future of the city's first art gallery. Joining the FRWA is also offers the chance to meet people with a shared love of the visual arts, and to enjoy all the benefits listed below.
Benefits of becoming a Friend
- Free, unlimited entry to all RWA exhibitions
- Invitations for you and a guest to all exhibition previews
- Invitations to Friends events
- Regular mailings of the RWA exhibition guide
- Regular e-newsletter and printed newsletters so that you'll be the first to hear about RWA exhibitions, events and offers
- Updates from The Floating Circle, the online art magazine of the Friends of the RWA
- 5% discount on RWA Drawing School courses
- 10% discount on food and drink in The Epiphany cafe
- 10% discount on RWA - branded shop stock and Exhibition Catalogues
- Regular updates on Friends lectures and outings
- Discount at Bristol Fine Art
- Exclusive Friends Trips and Visits to galleries and museums all over the country
- Opportunity to attend painting holidays
The Friends are an independent charity (1107149) set up to support the RWA. The proceeds raised by membership fees and Friends fundraising activities are a vital source of income for the RWA and directly support exhibitions, educational activities and events.
Support the RWA with Gift Aid
Purchasing a Friends Membership with Gift Aid will enable us to claim an extra 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate, at no extra cost to you. With your support, people of all ages can be inspired by our exhibitions and creative activities.
To enable us to claim Gift Aid, please give your full name, first line of address and postcode at the checkout. By purchasing a Friends Membership with Gift Aid you agree that you have read the following Gift Aid Declaration:
I want to Gift Aid my Friends membership and any donations I make in the future or have made in the past 4 years to the Friends of the RWA. I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year, it is my responsibility to pay any difference.
We send Friends Membership cards by post. Please include your address at the checkout. Friends memberships will be valid for one year from the date of payment. Discounted Student Memberships (£15) can be bought in person at the RWA on production of a valid student card.